Saturday, June 16, 2012

Stardate 15/06/2055



The day we left was meant to be simple.  Everything was basically packed except the pillows.  So why was I running around sweating at the last minute trying to close these bags?  It was just one of those days, when simple things take up longer and more complicating spaces of time.  Our friends were around helping.  Running the cats to their house for the summer 'Foster care' program.  Loading the plants off so they won't die while we're gone.  Finding the shampoo and condiments those last items that are needed, but needed to disappear before we locked up the house.  
At the airport I my landlord was calling... 'no, I left the key on the table'.  Ethan pulls a key from his pocket, he didn't think we meant to leave it behind.  Thankfully there's a post office in the airport & my landlord thought it was wild and astonishing that I was at the airport sending it to him, like maybe I was staying in Chiang Mai?  It was done, last of the strings tied up, I hope.  
It was a long layover in Bangkok.  We pulled out Ethan's new movies, and settled into some comfy couches for the duration.  I booked our seats so that Ethan had a window and I sat on the aisle hoping that no one would book the middle seat.  It worked!  There was space :)  Ethan is now pretty much my height, so it's much different traveling with him than when he was 4 and would just curl up on my lap.  He was sleeping by take off, and stayed asleep for 10 of the 12 hours in flight.  I watched a movie, and fell asleep too.  I NEVER sleep on planes, but slept for 5 hours maybe a bit more.  
We arrived early into Heathrow.  I went to M&S got some raspberries and milk for Ethan.  It's so fun to be back in this country.  To see things that are familiar and remember our life here.  Getting to the Oval (YWAM base) was even more amazing.  I love seeing old friends and meeting new faces.  
I think the summer will be wild and amazing, I keep saying that over and over.  God brought us here safely and I'm thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment