Monday, May 2, 2016

Psalm 2:7-9

"Let me tell you what God said next. He said you're my son, and today is your birthday. What do you want?  Name it: Nations as a present? contents as a prize?  You can command them all to dance for you, or throw them out with tomorrow's trash." ~The Message translation

It was part of my devotions this morning; at 5am while in my bed next to my little table light.  I have read this verse so many times while traveling!  I can't say how many times I've quoted this back to God.  In prayer, in intercession, in worship, in my everyday life as I literally prayed for nations to know the transforming love of God. In nations, in America.   It has been my hearts passion to see nations understand the depth of love their creator has for them.

The conversation changed over the years about that verse. It then became 'God, I did that, I don't know how to ask anymore.'  God, how can I ask for anything from you?  Father change my heart so that I don't yearn for the nations anymore, it hurts so badly not be pursuing them with you.

This morning was different.  I've asked for nations and peoples, I've asked for perspective and change of circumstance.

Today I read, ask me for your desires.  See, I don't think the verse is just meant to be for missionaries, or Christian workers or anyone in a particular vocation.  I think it's for Gods son/daughter to just ask.

Well, what do you want?

I went on to Facebook and my friend Remaliah is about to celebrate the year of life to her precious daughter.  She made a video and in the background is the song Good Good Father.  It's not been an easy year for their family, but what a gift to celebrate.   The song was echoing in my head as I got ready.

Ethan pipes up from the living room 'what are you thinking mom?'  He knew something was on my mind.

There was this catch in my throat, mostly because I was starting to catch a glimpse of Gods desire for me, and not just for my sacrifice, but for a good life as well.  I started to explain about the verse and how God just wants to give us absolutely everything he can because he's just over the moon in love with us.  Father's don't demand sacrifice, God revels in our joy, in hoping with us, in seeing our lives unfold.

So, learning as I grow; so much more to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment