Sunday, October 25, 2015

What are you doing for the holidays?

It's a pretty common question. One that's been biting at me lately. Actually the one that has me bawling like a school girl. A lot 
So, today it was there again, and my emotions were spilling over in grand form. That's when I asked myself why? 
Well, Thanksgiving was with my parents, who are in heaven at their own banqueting table. 
When we lived abroad it was with a community, and I cook, so we'd host everyone we could. 
My expectation was that I would have a big family. Four kids. That dream was from my childhood and I didn't get what I wanted. 
Whoa.. So there it was this root of anger or bitterness or a bit of both? I didn't get what I wanted. My expectations weren't met. It was the pain pressing against my desire that was causing agony instead of adventure. I had just been applauding myself for my ability to forgive. I hadn't forgiven. There's more to forgive & let God heal. 
There's more to forgive and let God heal!! 
So the answer is, I will be watching the Macy's parade; just like every year. Ethan will complain about how long it is & I'll say that its tradition, and I love it. We'll eat turkey and while decorating for Christmas we'll watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. I don't know where or who we'll be with. Guess what? It'll be good because I'll be a bit more free from the unforgiveness that has tried to rob me of the anticipation of a great season. 
God's greatest gift is eternal life, live well friends. 

1 comment:

  1. Love you bunches! I hear your pain. And so does Jesus. Focus on what Jesus is doing thru you and don't let your Joy be robbed. You can trust in Him. Let the light of Holy Spirit shine on those disappointments that they can be healed and you can forgive. Keep submitting and keeping your heart right. Remember: The Lord gives and takes away . Blessed be the name of the Lord. Talk to Jesus and tell Him your hurts and anger. Then listen to what He whispers back in reply. Make your own community-- go out into the hedges and byways. Is it possible your table seems empty so that others can be added?? I love you and I sure am looking forward to when we can celebrate some holidays together!!

    ReplyDelete