Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today I went to the movies sans make-up!

Sometimes taking a moment to look back can be a really good thing.  I just looked through my Facebook profile pictures.  It's an interesting chronicle of my life.  I have been on Facebook for years, so many many years.  So, what I've noticed is a growing sense of joy.  My oldest pictures are kind of uncomfortable for me to look at.  I really didn't like myself then; or maybe was just uncomfortable with who I had become(?).    My head was tilted; I was making a weird face; or talking.  I looked puffy.  It wasn't just the weight, but it appears that I was carrying a burden that may have just been sadness.   

So, how does God invade that?  Obviously with a tragedy, right?  Yeah, actually that's how God broke through with joy into my life.  He walked me through a horrendous; made for movie type trauma.  It was not expected, but WOW!  Look at me now.   (Clearly still a work in progress).

I'm thinking of untagging myself simply because I don't recognize who I was before.  I won't.   It continues to be a great reminder of where I've come.  I think that the best years are still ahead of me.  That God in his infinite kindness is perfecting me.  

I'm not totally through the hard things, by the way.  I'm just not scared of the 'what if's' like I was before.  What if I don't have what I need?  What if I don't take along some souvenir from this place; will I forget it?  What if I'm left alone?  Spending some time getting rid of excess stuff, excess baggage and letting fear of 'what if' not control my life has been liberating.  Maybe not quite liberating enough to feel totally at ease without my make-up at the movie :)

This year, the unfurling of my heart has been interesting, joy filled and sometimes plain difficult.  Walking forward with the best partner ever, Jesus (of course); love this journey!

THIS song is so much fun!  I've been dancing to it all week, enjoy :)

Banner song  




No comments:

Post a Comment