Saturday, February 18, 2012

a Facebook story.. may need a new washing machine...

Yesterday I took my laundry across the Mu-baahn (neighborhood) to my friends to wash. I drive a bike, currently; so had it laying across my handlebars in a big bag. This morning on my run I was passing a busy corner leading to our street. There's construction on the corner, a lady waiting for a bus, I wave and nod. THEN I see my underwear, yep, right there on the street. Right on the corner. I think for a moment about leaving it behind, but can't. I turn around, now have the full attention of the people around me, and I pick up my underwear. It's always a humbling experience, sharing laundry at a friends, but now I've also shared my laundry with my neighbors, random construction workers, and passersby. Proud, proud day :)

1 comment: